Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Aylie, Rogue x-realm (Quel'Thalas)

2 posters

Go down

Aylie, Rogue x-realm (Quel'Thalas) Empty Aylie, Rogue x-realm (Quel'Thalas)

Post  Aylie Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:38 am

About You

- Your 'Real' Name: Pawel
- Nationality: Polish
- Tell us a little bit about yourself:

I'm quite ambitious guy who enjoys doing the best I can in whatever my current passion is. Those passions change from time to time, but I was very much into playing a guitar (practicing 10 hours/day sometimes Smile ), riding a motorbike (practicing a lot, attending carting track events,etc.) and now raiding. I live with my wife in our new flat, which we're still trying to finish. I'm a bit of computer/linux geek too, much less than I used to be as I have enough of it in my work now.

In game it's hard to make me rage, I'm quite respectful to leadership even if I don't agree with them (I'm not a fan of democracy when it comes to leading a guild). I am polite both in PUGs and in guild. If someone really irritates me, I resort to Irony/Sarcasm instead of being rude.

About Your Character

- Character Name: Aylie
- Server: Quel'Thalas
- Class: Rogue
- Primary Spec (Main): Combat before 4.0.1 patch, Assassination now (I prefer Combat, but it just isn't good now)
- Dual Spec (Off): changes often recently (soloing assassination, pvp specs), usually other pve spec optimized for specific fights when I'm raiding
- Professions (skill): Engineering (450), Jewelcrafting (450), Cooking (450), Fishing (450), First Aid (450)
- Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=aylie (note: it does not reflect my current gemming/enchanting/gear as armory does not refresh recently)
- Current GearScore: a bit over 6400
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80?: 104 days total, 70 days at level 80
- Alts: again, armory is not refreshing for them Aythiel, feral dps which I absolutely love to play and could play as my main. Lyrlia, a shadow priest
- WOW Logs:

last 25 man we managed to pull off before 4.0.1 - I have #2 WoL result on PP normal, but I was allowed to stay on boss all the time.

Our first raid post 4.0.1 - It's a bit weird log as I, and many others are fighting annoying UI bugs, sound problems, etc.

About Your Computer

- Computer Technical Specifications: 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB ram, GF 8600 GT
- Microphone/Headset: yes to both, I have no problem being vocal on ventrilo
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes/no: yes
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): 2 mbs - I could get broader link, but this one lets me play with good ping (50-100ms) and I don't really want experiment to fix what's not broken

Your Raiding Experience

Pre-TBC: I didn't raid in Vanilla

TBC: I hit 70 during late TBC, I only raided Karazhan (up to Shade of Aran) after the nerf patch, with *very* casual guild

WOTLK:

- ICC10: (12/12)
- ICC25: (12/12)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (11/12) - with solid tries we had to stop due to people leaving (saw 19% several times with all people alive and plenty of time to berserk), Glory of the Icecrown Raider(10)
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (11/12) - Glory of the Icecrown Raider(25)

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5) 50 attempts tribute
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (4/5)

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (14/14) Herald of the Titans kill, Glory of the Ulduar(10)
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (13/14) Missing Yogg +1/+0 kill

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild?:
Underachievers on Quel'Thalas

- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild?:
We basically stopped raiding without even trying LK heroic. We were alliance #1 on the realm after really good guild disbanded there, but we had quite bad performance recently. People seem to not care about raiding any more, which is disheartening when you are always there, ready to raid 4 days a week. Complete lack of will to even try LK25 heroic is what really made me question myself if it's right place for me.

Also, the Quel'Thalas realm just isn't good realm for progression, especially alliance side. It's very hard to recruit good players here. The only really good alliance guild (11/12 heroic ICC with 15% wrynn) struggled with the same problems and disbanded.

- Who do you know in Starlight?:
Nobody in Starlight, but you may know Soulflame from Genesis. We were in the same guild briefly and he spoke highly about some of the Starlight players.

- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations?:
First of all, I love your progress/raid time ratio. It indicates high quality raiding without wasting time. I would like to kill or at least attempt end bosses when they are still relevant. You still haven't killed LK25 heroic, which means I could come and contribute to the progress, not just get boosted to Light of Dawn title. Other than that, I hope for playing with similar progress-focused players.

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character?:
You probably can't know him, because it was Polish (and I think Polish-only) comic, called "Tytus Romek i Atomek". The character was called Tytus and he was a talking chimpanzee. He was part of research project, which aimed to "humanitize" him. He was often causing trouble to his two supervisors - young scouts. He was also mildly rude Smile. The drawing was very simplistic, I think you can find some samples if you scroll the page here.

- What do you think about BLACK People?:

I don't meet many of them here, but my feelings towards them in general are the same as my feelings towards white people, Chinese people, people with red hair or people riding bicycles. If I remember correctly my last year experience with black people is limited to brief dinner with one couple, they were cheerful people and I enjoyed the talk we had.

- Anything else we need to know?:

I am planning to go on short (one week) vacation around November 11th (probably something like 6-13). Hopefully it won't interfere with my eventual trial. Otherwise I'm pretty reliable when in comes to attendance, I'm just there. During over a year in my current guild I missed very few raids of our 4 days/week schedule.

EDIT: for some reason I forgot to link my UI screenshot. It's slightly modified TukUI. Not all keybindings are shown properly (some are bound to gaming mouse buttons, some are hidden by secondary keybindings).

http://a.yfrog.com/img839/4484/wowscrnshot092810165206.jpg

Also my general gemming/reforging strategy after 4.0.1: I gem agility (red), agi/haste (yellow), agi/hit (blue) if socket bonuses are worth it. I reforged crit to 200 expertise rating (26 expertise dodge cap, 6.5%), but recent findings suggest that this might be lowered to 5.5-5.6%. I reforged some crit to haste where possible.

Aylie
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 4
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Aylie, Rogue x-realm (Quel'Thalas) Empty Re: Aylie, Rogue x-realm (Quel'Thalas)

Post  Chopz Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:00 am

Hi Aylie,

Thanks for your application to Starlight.

I think that this application is well written and well thought out, I can see that you have taken and effort time filling it out which I appreciate.

Your raiding history and experience seem fine, and you sound (from your application) to be a decent guy and a bit of a geek =) Poland has advanced very quickly over the last 5-10 years in the technology sector, developers, developers everywhere!

Due to the xrelming nature of your application i think it would be best to setup and chat over vent first before you make any moves.

Please feel free to poke an officer in-game (on a level 1 char if you havent xrealmd) and we can hook you up with our vent details.

Many Thanks,
Chopz
Chopz
Chopz
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 1643
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 14

https://starlighteu.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aylie Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:10 am

Thanks for reply. I'm coming home quite late today, but I'll try to catch you on vent.

Aylie
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 4
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopz Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:23 am

Hi Aylie,

The raid will finish at 23:30 server time, if your around at that time then we can have a quick chat, if not then we can set one up for a later date.

Thanks,
Chopz
Chopz
Chopz
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopz Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:35 am

Hey Aylie,

We had a good chat before, once you have made you mind up feel free to send us a mail or poke an officer in -game.

Thanks,
Chopz
Chopz
Chopz
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down