Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter

3 posters

Go down

Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter Empty Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter

Post  Keona Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:14 pm

About You

- Your 'Real' Name:
Liz
- Nationality: Scottish
- Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm applying with my husband, Tom. I really enjoy raiding, and love achievements, I have Loremaster and Explorer and I'm looking forward to redoing them with the "new" zones and quests. I'm also working on Insane in the Membrane, and managed to get my Shendra'lar rep done just before the patch came in - now I have to repair my rep with the goblins as they hate me Sad I'm really looking forward to leveling through the new zones - I tried out a couple on the beta, and they were awesome, and really looking forward to the new raids and dungeons.

About Your Character

- Character Name:
Keona
- Server: Silvermoon
- Class: Hunter
- Primary Spec (Main): Survival
- Dual Spec (Off): Beast Mastery
- Professions (skill): Herbalism (450)/Alchemy (450)
- Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Keona&gn=Twisted
- Current GearScore: 6063
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80? 72+ hours total/47+ hours at 80
- Alts: I'm leveling quite a few alts at the moment with Refer a Friend bonus. I have more planned, but currently just have Rylla - lvl 54 Shaman
- WOW Logs: None recently as our guild has raided very little in the past months so there's none from there and the ones from before that have expired

About Your Computer

- Computer Technical Specifications:
i5 760, Geoforce GTX 460 1GB OC, 4GB RAM
- Microphone/Headset: Yes
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): 8mb/s

Your Raiding Experience

I have no raiding experience before Wrath as I had never been so into the game before, although Tom was, and this is the first time I've reached end game.

Pre-TBC:

TBC:

WOTLK: As I reached level 80 in January, I was just in time for ICC, and I've gone back to do the previous raids when I had the opportunity46

- ICC10: (12/12)
- ICC25: (12/12)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (8/12)
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (7/12)

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5) Mad Skillz
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (1/5)

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (14/14)
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (1/14)

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild?
Twisted
- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild? Over the past couple of months Twisted has been slowly dying. Raids either don't happen at all or start over an hour late and don't get far due to arguements etc. Guild chat is almost silent and it's not a very interesting place to be.
- Who do you know in Starlight? Tabs and Wilzstar
- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations? It seems to be an active friendly place to be with good progression and a good atmosphere and enthusiasm going into Cataclysm Smile

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character?
Tom and Jerry is a classic. Smile
- What do you think about BLACK People? Just like anyone else, some great, some not so much.
- Anything else we need to know? I have every hunter pet buff currently available, apart from the Spirit Beast, and will finish the collection in Cata Smile

Keona
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 5
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter Empty Re: Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter

Post  Yogg Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:40 am

Hi there,

could you please go abit into detail about your rotation? also, are you using any kind of tricks (trap macros etc.) that might be worth mentioning?

gl with your application

Yogg
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 8

Back to top Go down

Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter Empty Re: Keona - Survival/Beast Mastery Hunter

Post  Keona Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:54 am

As I play SV normally, I go on a priority system. I will put Hunter's Mark up before a pull if needed as that saves a GCD and I also put up my Misdirect just before the pull to help the tanks grab threat. Open with Serpent Sting and Explosive Shot and Black Arrow, then a couple of Steady Shot's and back to Explosive Shot. I use Kill Shot whenever it's available, Explosive Shot the same, Black Arrow whenever it's off cooldown and Serpent Sting whenever it needs refreshed (looking forward to having Cobra Shot to refresh it for me!) and Arcane Shot if I have spare focus. With Lock and Load Procs I can't have a fixed rotation, but I really enjoy the style of play.

I use InlineAuras to make the debuff durations more obvious. I use traps on a case by case basis - Frost Traps for Saurfang and Dreamwalker for example, and Explosive Traps on trash, as the fire traps share a cooldown with Black Arrow, they generally aren't helpful for boss fights. I have a macro for misdirecting to my focus - either the main tank, or whoever's tanking the adds - depending on the fight. During a fight I'll also use Misdirect and Feign Death to manage my threat, and I find Disengage useful in some situations - like spacing out quickly after spores in Festergut or moving back out after getting pulled in by Sindragosa.

Keona
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Keona Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:56 pm

We went and recorded some logs for you. Smile Just the first four bosses because then we wiped at about 10% on Fester and folk started leaving, yay for pugs! My dps could have been a little higher, but my meta gem is deactivated since they changed it, and I didn't want to regem, with Cata coming in less than a week.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9ngag7hokvhg68ck/

Edit - I've just realised I forgot to redo my macro for rapid fire after the patch. Oh well, at least I know now for next time.

Keona
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharise Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:44 pm

We cant offer you a trial at this point since your experience is a bit too low. Good Luck in finding a new home :-)

Sharise
G Mastah
G Mastah

NERD Points : 114
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down