Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Kriterius - Unholy - Dps DK

3 posters

Go down

Kriterius - Unholy - Dps DK Empty Kriterius - Unholy - Dps DK

Post  sparcman01 Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:52 pm

About You

- Your Peter Odell
- Nationality: British
- Location: Curently in County Kerry Southern Ireland since Xmas 2009
- Tell us a little bit about yourself: Friendly guy who likes to be social in vent/outside of raids, married, identical twin 7 year old boys

About Your Character

- Character Name: Kriterius
- Server: Silvermoon
- Class: DK
- Primary Spec (Main): Unholy dps dk with frost sub-spec (when using a high proc weapon)
- Dual Spec (Off): New off-spec of full frost- dual wielding
- Professions (skill): Jc'ing 450 - Blacksmithing - 450 (Armorsmith) with all Icc & TOTC Recipes
- Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Kriterius
- Current GearScore: 6060
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80? 2 - Just level a Rogue to Level 80 on Silvermoon and am also working on a new Night Elf Hunter
- Alts:

About Your Computer

- Computer Technical Specifications: Quad Core i5 Processors, 1.6GB RAM, 1GB Graphics Card
- Microphone/Headset: Yes
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes/No Yes and TS3
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): 8

Your Raiding Experience

Pre-TBC:

TBC:

WOTLK:

- ICC10: (12/12)
- ICC25: (11/12)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (11/12)
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (??/12)

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5)
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (?/5)

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (??/14) Naxx 10 & Naxx 25
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (??/14) Ulduar 25 on Normal up to and Including Thorim and Hodir - Guild then switched to Totc & Icc

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild? Currently guildless (Previous guild - Crisis)
- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild? Unhappy with social aspect/atmosphere of previous guild
- Who do you know in Starlight? -
- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations? Friendly/social atmosphere whilst also making good progress in Icc/RS & Cataclysm Expansion

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character? Hong Kong Fu
- What do you think about BLACK People?
- Anything else we need to know?2 On my previous server (saurfang) I was an officer of a new guild, recruiting new players etc and building the guild to a size of 60-70 players. I learned a great deal about the hard

sparcman01
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 4
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Kriterius - Unholy - Dps DK Empty Re: Kriterius - Unholy - Dps DK

Post  Zzeeuuss Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 pm

Hey there Kriterius,

There are a couple of small things i'd like to point out in regards to your gearing and gem choices.

Firstly from what i can see on your provided armoury link, your Chaotic Skyflare diamond meta is not actually active. For this Meta you would also need the 10 str 15 stam gem somewhere in your gear. I'd recommend using Relentless earthsiege meta instead to save you having to re jig some of your gems to suit, it is also the better option as it allows for a more beneficial gem over one with Stamina on it, unless u can meet the requirements of having two sizeable enough socket bonuses ( not including the + 10 all stats gem ).

Also while on the topic of gemming, i'd advise changing the str gems in your single YELLOW slot items i.e rings, neck etc for 10 str 10 haste gems, this again is also a dps increase.

Next thing is your ring has a ton of expertise on it, the 264 ring Might of blight or something along those lines would actually give you a better output dps wise according to your EP values, than what is currently equipped as expertise for unholy dk's is basicly not needed at all as we have enough gaps in our rotation / priority system to make up for the odd dodge/parry..... we should be behind the boss anyway 99% of the time.

The above also applies to your leg item they can do the job until they are upgraded but if u add both the ring and leg expertise value's up your looking at a huge loss, as they those stat points could be arp or preferably haste, as im sure you know haste is the one of the best stats for unholy dk's: - Hit > Str > Haste > Arp, with being sub specced frost. For a blood sub spec it would look more like Hit > Str > Arp > Haste, with expertise being 2nd last to agility for both subspecs.

Personally i would have taken the Tier chest piece and the crafted legs : - Legplates of Painful Death until the 25 man Valithria legs dropped : - Scourge Reavers Legplates.

Finally i would take that 1 point from subversion and put it into Dirge so your spec is more like 0 / 17 / 54 as our tanks are pretty good at keeping aggro.

Thats my 2 cents from what i can think of just now,

All the best with your app,

Zz.

Zzeeuuss
Zzeeuuss
Playa
Playa

NERD Points : 76
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 3

Back to top Go down

Kriterius - Unholy - Dps DK Empty Kriterius

Post  sparcman01 Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:46 am

Hi,

Many thanks for your advice/input. My helm meta gem does actually have the socket bonus activated but often this doesnt show within the armory. The reason i'm using the skeletal lords circle ring rather than might of blight (which I also have) is I have the heroic epic/277 version of the skeletal ring which relative to the normal version of might of blight that I have has more strength on it. The second reason im using that ring currently is to keep my expertise close to the soft cap (albeit I was misinformed about the value of Expertise). I'll certainly give your suggestions a whirl as any increase in dps is a plus :-)

Thanks again for your advice Very Happy

Kriterius (Peter Odell)

sparcman01
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 4
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Zzeeuuss Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:01 am

Hey no problem,

Yep just checked your armoury there and it has indeed changed in your neck item gem Wink

Expertise is all down to preferance tbh, and it actually depends on how good / bad your latency is as if u get a dodge or parry you need to be able to react quickly so as not to mess up your rotation. It is down to preferance ofc so i wouldn't say im right or your wrong however if you do have a good connection and are comfortable with dealing with dodges and parries then low exp is the way to go, If you would rather be 100% certain that your attack is gonna hit and have a smooth rotation then soft cap exp is the way to go Wink

After doing some testing on it myself and while reading the info on it on EJ you can actually have 3 or 4 ( possibly more ) dodges or parries in our rotation without it becoming a mess if you can keep on top of it Wink

once again, good luck with your app,

Zz.

Zzeeuuss
Zzeeuuss
Playa
Playa

NERD Points : 76
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopz Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:27 am

Hey Krit,

First of all, great name!

Zzeeuuss had a few good points with your gear setup, gems etc and this is basic stuff which you should of been aware of if you want to be taken seriously as a raiding DPS DK.

Unfortunatly we have 2 DKs on trial and you have no hardmode experience which we dont have time to wait for as we are fully focusing on LK25 Heroic and you are abit off that level at the moment.

So I will have to decline your application.

Good luck and best wishes!
Chopz
Chopz
Chopz
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 1643
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 14

https://starlighteu.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content