Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Nituna - Protection Paladin

3 posters

Go down

Nituna - Protection Paladin Empty Nituna - Protection Paladin

Post  Ross Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:41 am

Personal Information

- Your 'Real' Name: -blank-
- Nationality: Dutch
- Occupation: Internet Marketeer, Web developer and usability consultant
- Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am a 23 year old working male from western part of Europe. I am both self-employed with my own business and work in-house as an Internet Marketeer and Web Developer. My working hours are from 08:30 untill 17:00 and any amount more that I wish to invest into my company. Further details which might be relevant are that I live alone, I don't drink 'n play and last but not least, my web development skills can be put to use if you are ever interested in owning your very own website or receiving assistance with the current website. I've played and am capable of playing the following classs; Paladin, Hunter, Shaman and Priest. Though I am currently only cataclismically updated on Paladins. Also, I enjoy making up words and forms of measurement.

Character Information

- Character Name: Nituna
- Server: Bladefist
- Class: Paladin
- Primary Spec (Main): Protection
- Dual Spec (Off): Alternative Protection (or Holy)
- Professions (skill): Enchanting (511) / Mining (525)
- Armory Link: Battle.net URL
- Current GearScore: None of my addons display gearscore, my blizzard iLvl is 348
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80 I am currently at work so unable to answer this question, my paladin was created in WotLK and has been played mostly as an alt throughout WotLK. I have however been raiding since '05.
- Alts: no active alts at the moment, I might resume my hunter and priest once the cataclysm rush settles down.
- WOW Logs: No recent logs available, no DPS logs available from previous content. They have long been taken down.

About Your Computer

I am proud to share with you what I am currently using! And also, I'm not ashamed to show you what I was using! What you're looking at containes the following;

- Computer Technical Specifications: 2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x4GB, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 SDRAM
- Microphone/Headset: I have both a microphone and a headset
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): 120

Your Raiding Experience

Vanilla:
During Vanilla I played as a holy paladin, I have raided everything that Vanilla had to offer and even managed to kill viscidus and achieve a world 7th Kel'Thuzad kill. I cleared, during their respective time periods, the following; MC, BWL, AQ20/40 and Naxxramas. During this period I have functioned as both a member and raid leader.

This even can also be captured in the following conversation I had with my father;

Dad: You'll never amount to anything if all you do is play that god damn game!
Me: World 7th, who's laughing now dad?

TBC:

During the Burning Crusade I had my first break after SSC and TK. It was school related. I regained my activity with a random guild halfway through their clearing of black temple and Hyjall. This was before Sunwell was released. I left this guild and joined a more aggressive one where I functioned as a holy paladin on most bosses, a prot paladin at Felmyst and Mu'ru and a ret paladin at Brutallus (someone needed to keep those judgement active, Crusader Strike anyone?). It is worth mentioning that I cleared Sunwell pre-nerf, including Mu'ru. I quit wow, SOLD my account and continued my education. I cleared, during their respective time periods, the following; SSC, TK, Black Temple, Hyjal and Sunwell. During this period I have functioned as both a member and raid leader.

WOTLK:

It is worth mentioning that at this point I had been working on the same laptop I had been using since '04. I believe it doesn't take much to imagine how much patience and focus it took to keep my performance above average and maintain my sanity on that hellhole of a laptop.

- ICC10: (11/12)
- ICC25: (3/12)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (1/12)
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (0/12)

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5)
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (2/5)

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (13/14)
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (8/14)

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild? Pandoras
- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild? It is a social guild that my friends and I started whilst we gear up and seek our new raiding homes.
- Who do you know in Starlight? I am fairly certain that I don't know anyone in Starlight
- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations? Above all I want to raid, progression raiding is what has always interested me in the game. It used to be a lot easier for me to play but over time this got quite harder. Education, Work, Social life all demands their toll. Guilds start out as a fairly 'casual' raiding guild with 2-3 days and decent hours but a younger generation quickly demands change forcing me to give up what I set out to do, raid progressively. Starlight seem to be a place where I can maintain my social life, job and friends whilst enjoying the game. The raid times are more then perfect allowing me to do a variety of social activities or even work late and still be on time for raids.

I am expecting to join a guild filled with likely minded people interested in completing content trough hard work and effort. Where you can expect members to be up to date on their class changes, theorycraft to min/max their character. Not simply assume that what gets posted by individuals is the best but try things out for themself. And above all, a fun loving, raid progressing, mature guild.

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character? Archie
- What do you think about BLACK People? Being coloured I am the center of jokes in my social circle.
- Anything else we need to know?Since the launch of Cataclysm I have focused my attention and playtime on my Protection Paladin, Nituna. I am not unfamiliar with paladins as I have played one since the beginning of Vanilla all the way troughout the end of The Burning Crusade. During these long years I have shown well above adequate performance as a holy, protection and retribution paladin, in that order. Shortly after the launch of Wrath of the Lich King I switched to my in vanilla created Hunter which took all of the Burning Crusade to level from 60-70. Cataclysm hits and I feel my roots calling me. It is not as if my paladin had been inactive during Wrath of the Lich King but I could not ignore him any longer, he required my full attention.

I take both my class and role very serious, in a recent blue post Ghostcrawler explained the simple concept which some people still fail to grasp. If the tank is not up to standards the DPS will have to either slow down on their DPS or overaggro. Both results put a great stress on the healers who are most likely already having a hard enough time as it is. A DPS should not have to worry about whether or not the tank has aggro, they just need to DPS.

In order to provide you with what you require from a tank I make sure to min/max my character as much as I can. To help me with this I rely not only on my own, properly functioning, brain but also on the community. I am a regular visitor of websites such as; Maintankadin, TankSpot and Elitist Jerks. I stay up to date by following MMO-Champion and by reading the patch-notes.

final words!

Now you might have noticed that I've been quite secretive in regards to past characters, my name and age. Not to forget that I've also sold an account. Things that would make one wonder. Simply said though, I have no direct interest in sharing my name, past characters or guilds. Please don't see this as insulting, I have never been banned, misstreated guilds or its members nor am I too familiar with this realm. I do however respect my privacy but understand your sitation and will provide, in secret, more details if needed. My performance should speak for itself and I ask to leave it at that.

I know for a fact that sometimes I come off as a jerk but I'm really just a bit too honest and direct, you guys seem like an awesome guild to join. And really, can't stress this enough, I am a loveable guy. I just want to be honest about it, rather than using rainbow paint and a sugar canvas to paint you a picture of lies and deceit.

Since I made a reference to my dad earlier it is worth mentioning that this was 5 years ago and I nave long left that nest.

Thank you for taking the time and patience to read through my application, if you've reached the end and you're still interested. I am looking forward to your replies & question. Ready to answer them in a timely manner. My aplogies for any grammer and/or spelling mistakes.

Sincerely,

Nituna

Ross
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 5
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Nituna - Protection Paladin Empty Nituna - Protection Paladin

Post  halby Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 am

hey nituna thx for aply to our guild waitng times are abit longer now far a answer atm becouse a tank leader our officer are abit bussy atm white current content raids etc.

friendley greetz halby ..
halby
halby
Playa
Playa

NERD Points : 34

Back to top Go down

Nituna - Protection Paladin Empty Re: Nituna - Protection Paladin

Post  Ross Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 am

Alright halby, thank you for the heads up. I patiently await your response and continue to gather gear and gain experience in the meantime.

Ross
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:19 am

Hello Nituna, and thanks for an excellent application. I apologize for the delay in response.

The reason for our slow response is both the hectic pace that always follows a new expansion, but also our current tank situation. We hate to pass up promising applicants, but at the moment we have four excellent tanks, two of whom are on trial and all of whom are dedicated and active. We are still deciding what the ideal number is, but at the moment we could not guarantee you a raiding spot as a tank.

As it is our policy to avoid over-recruitment, we will have to decline your application. If the situation changes, we will keep you in mind if you are still interested. In the meantime we wish you the best of luck in finding a good guild.
Piety
Piety
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 271
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ross Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:25 am

Thank you for your response Piety. You have a policy which I understand and appreciate regardless of it not working towards my benefit at the moment. I will in the meantime progress trough other means and ask of you to indeed remember me should the need arise for a new tank. Thank you for your time and all the best during Cataclysm progression. You can always contact me via the forums.

Ross
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down