Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application

2 posters

Go down

Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application Empty Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application

Post  Gredge Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:33 pm

About You

- Your 'Real' Name: Craig
- Nationality: Scottish Wink
- Tell us a little bit about yourself:

Hi all, I am Craig I am Scottish ( Seems to be a rarity on Silvermoon now!) I have recently just got my BSc in Applied Networking and Currently work for a computer firm as a Computer Analyst.

I play Ice Hockey and have done for 16 years, played for a few good teams over my career. I started semi Body Building this year also, Two things you wouldn't expect from a wow player! I've played WoW for 5 years now playing various characters but currently playing my paladin and warrior which i've played since vanilla.

I could go on and on but i would just bore you to tears! Razz

About Your Character

- Character Name: Gredge
- Server: Silvermoon
- Class: Paladin
- Primary Spec (Main): Protection
- Dual Spec (Off): retri
- Professions (skill): Max Blacksmithing/Mining
- Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Gredge
- Current GearScore: 6035
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80? 133 days
- Alts: 80 Fury Warrior roughly 5.9k gs
- WOW Logs: Unfortunately dont have any.

About Your Computer

- Computer Technical Specifications: Fairly new built PC earlier this year ; i7 920 Watercooled OC to 4GHz, 6GB DDR3, 5870 ATI, 120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 24" HD monitor.
- Microphone/Headset: Use External Microphone and Denon Headphones.
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes, Also have my own vent server for random events.
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): currently 5.6 Mbps last time i checked. Waiting for BT Infinity to come into my area for fiber optic BB.

Your Raiding Experience

Pre-TBC:
ZG: Cleared
MC: Cleared
BWL: Cleared
AQ20/40: Cleared
Naxx: up to 4 horseman before tbc.

TBC:

Kara: Clear with some server firsts on Azjol.
Mag/Gruul: Clear
ZA: Clear including timed (have bear to show)
TK/SSC: CLear (Hand Of Adal Title)
BT: Clear before mega nerf.

WOTLK:

- ICC10: (11/12) ( LK down to 25% months ago before i stopped for exams)
- ICC25: (11/12) (LK down to 40% months ago before i stopped for exams)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (8/12) (this was always done on offdays and at teh time i could not manage so only got Cool
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (4/12) (pathetic i know. Sacred order had just started HM 25 before i stopped. but know most of the tactics for HM)

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5) inc insanity
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (4/5) not sure why we never ever went back to do anub hc

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (4/14)
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (4/14)

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild?

Im currently in Immortalitas which was just a small guild created when Sacred Order disbanded just to keep people together that still played socially. They raid minimal but to be fair they are not an end game raiding guild and play for fun.
- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild?

The current Guild im in is not for raiding purposes and is just for social activity. Sacred Order ended up disbanding after too many officers and players going on breaks. So really im not leaving any raiding guilds as such.

- Who do you know in Starlight?

I dont know anyone on friend basis but played with many of you in instances raids. AFAIK chopz used to be on azjol and played with him there a few times. Remember playing with sharise in a few pugs also.

- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations?

I see Starlight as a respectful and very sought after guild which i have never seen any bad behaviour from any members when playing. Some of the names i see within starlight i recognise from other large established end game guilds which makes me think that there must be a lot of players with great knowledge of the game and know what they are doing. Silvermoon has far too many lower end guilds which are filled with immature and non skilled players which make the game not fun to play.

If i was to be accepted to your guild i would expect a well managed framework with players that are willing to help out when needed and make raids and events fun. I expect the guild to be serious when they need to be but have a lighter more social side when raid is over and not people who as you say go emo and rage when things don't go right.

What i think you'd expect from me is to be active, friendly, willing to help out, be constructive within raids and dont go pointing the finger at anyone ie going emo! I know that you would expect me to be in the very best state possible with the best gear available gemmed/chanted the way it should be. I should be prepared for every raid including having 100% durability before a raid and having all the necessary consumables ready. I should always be keeping up to date with my character so that i have the best knowledge possible and if in doubt consult with other members of same class.

I have a lot of experience throughout the game and with a new expansion up and coming i think i would offer a great addition to the guild.

Next week when cata comes out i aim to be 85 within the first few days and have taken the week off work to do this. I want to be ready to start running raids by the end of next week with the guild and i expect that your plans are the same.

I shall stop my rambling there because im even giving myself a sore head. The only way you can truely see what im like is to give me a trial and i can show you that im a great guy to get to know and someone that can be of great use within raids.

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character? Tbh cant remember much about comic character but tbh probably spiderman
- What do you think about BLACK People? Not sure how this question is aimed haha but i encounter a lot of black people while working in a city and dont see them as any different to myself.
- Anything else we need to know?

I am a very adaptable person which means if youd want me to change my spec for any reason for example from retri offspec to holy i would have no problem in doing so. I know some guilds like to trade out players on certain bosses to make the optimal raid setup and although many people go tits about it i dont mind doing what is best for the guild. At the end of the day i raid for progress and to meet new encounters and master them rather than raiding for loot. Loot is just a bonus. For example the very first boss i faced in naxx (vanilla naxx) was anub and by god that was a challenge. Doing a boss for over 20 minutes and then wiping and having to start over again. Most wow players wouldnt be able to hack that anymore. I enjoy progressing on bosses and after many tries eventually getting them down which i havent seen much of for a long time - although i do hear LK 25 HC is quite a tough one.

Sorry if ive babbled a bit but its been a stressfull day after getting stranded in the city due to snow! haha.

Thank you for reading, hope ive not missed anything out and hope to hear from you soon!

Gredge!

Gredge
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 4
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application Empty Re: Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application

Post  Gredge Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:57 pm

Youll catch me on either gredge or dougz if you want to speak to me online.

Thanks

Gredge
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 4
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application Empty Re: Gredge - Protection/Retri Paladin Application

Post  Sharise Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:53 pm

We cant offer you a trial at this point since your experience is a bit too low. Good luck in finding a new home :-)

Sharise
G Mastah
G Mastah

NERD Points : 114
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down