Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Ipsith - Disc/Shadow priest

3 posters

Go down

Ipsith - Disc/Shadow priest Empty Ipsith - Disc/Shadow priest

Post  Ipsith Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:59 am

About You

- Your 'Real' Name: Tom
- Nationality: English
- Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm married to Liz, who'll be applying as Keona at the same time. We're both enthusiastic about WoW, particularly Cataclysm as it'll be the first time we've both been playing at max level going into an expansion together! We have 5 pet birds, you might hear them on vent from time to time (not while raiding, I promise).

About Your Character

- Character Name: Ipsith
- Server: Silvermoon
- Class: Priest
- Primary Spec (Main): Discipline
- Dual Spec (Off): Shadow
- Professions (skill): Enchanting (450), Tailoring (448)
- Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=ipsith&r=Silvermoon
- Current GearScore: 6041 in my shadow set, 6072 in disc set. Yay for never managing to pick up an icc25 trinket for shadow!
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80? 46 days 7 hours total, 26 days 22 hours at 80
- Alts: Thispi, 80 Rogue. Vergar, 80 Prot Warrior. Cynna, 80 Hunter. Karneg, 60 Dwarf Shaman (Woooo for dwarves!).
- WOW Logs: None available, My current guild hasn't raided properly for ages and when they did nobody kept logs Sad All logs I was involved in from our previous guild have expired.

About Your Computer

- Computer Technical Specifications: i5 760, GeForce GTX 460 1GB OC, 4GB RAM
- Microphone/Headset: Yes
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): 8mbps

Your Raiding Experience

Pre-TBC: None

TBC: A small amount of experience in Karazhan while it was current content and I was playing my rogue. I didn't have the time to commit to serious raiding back then Sad

WOTLK: When WoTLK was released I was playing a horde druid. I quickly levelled to 80 and pugged my way through all available content, clearing Naxx, OS and EoE 10 and 25 - but still wasn't able to commit to regular raiding times. The lack of a stable raiding guild didn't make raiding very fun so I quit the game before Ulduar was released. I didn't ever expect that raiding would become as pug friendly as it is now, as I remembered how things had been in TBC. I picked up the game again around November last year, and reactivated my account containing my alliance characters for a change. I hit 80 just as ICC was released, geared up through heroics and raid pugs and decided with my wife that we now do have the time to commit to raiding. We joined a guild to raid ICC and have thoroughly enjoyed it - however we haven't got as far as we'd have really liked.

- ICC10: (12/12)
- ICC25: (12/12)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (8/12)
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (7/12)
I've done Blood Princes on 25-man heroic but not 10!

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5) (As my rogue)
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (0/5)

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (14/14)
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (1/14)

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild? Twisted
- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild? The guild feels like it's falling apart. Recruitment isn't happening, people are leaving regularly due to disagreements and raids are mostly not happening at all, definitely no progression. Guild chat is quiet, but when there is chat it's often drama.
- Who do you know in Starlight? Tabage, Wilzstarr
- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations? I'm looking for a friendly active guild which will help me achieve my raiding goals and enable me to see end-game content in Cataclysm.

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character? Can't I have two? I loved Tom & Jerry!
- What do you think about BLACK People? The same things I think about everyone else!
- Anything else we need to know? Nothing springs to mind, feel free to ask any questions though.

Last edited by Ipsith on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Bolding responses for easier reading! Also, I can spell. Really!)

Ipsith
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 6
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Ipsith - Disc/Shadow priest Empty Re: Ipsith - Disc/Shadow priest

Post  Piety Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:56 am

Hi Tom,

I have a few questions for your application

1. Was your ICC experience primarily as a Disc priest? Do you have much Shadow priest experience in raiding?

2. What is your preference, Healing or DPS?

3. You've gone with Atonement/Angel/Evangelism for your Disc spec - why did you then only take 2/3 in Divine Fury?

Thanks for a well written application and good luck.

Piety
Piety
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 271
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ipsith Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 am

Hi, thanks for the response

1. Was your ICC experience primarily as a Disc priest? Do you have much Shadow priest experience in raiding?
I've experienced everything stated in ICC as both disc and shadow, including Lich King encounters and heroic modes.

2. What is your preference, Healing or DPS?
I enjoy the flexibility that being good at both specs gives me, but if I had to choose one I'd rather be Disc. It's what I levelled the character for in the first place!

3. You've gone with Atonement/Angel/Evangelism for your Disc spec - why did you then only take 2/3 in Divine Fury?
I've been swapping around those "spare" talent points regularly recently, getting a feel for the new trees. At the moment the talent budget only allows for 5 points outside of the main talent tree, and I'd rather have the extra 5% healing that 3/3 instead of 2/3 Empowered Healing gives me than 6% off my smite cast time right now. (The glyph for smite & holy fire interaction isn't worth it, and we're not using heal yet). The 5% cast time reduction it would give Greater Heal makes the two talent choices fairly equal for throughput on that spell. Atonement is nice but in current content it can't keep up with the incoming damage at all, 5% more on my flash heals and those occasional inner focus greater heals feels like it helps a lot more when they're some of the spells I'm using to really keep people alive, not just during lulls in combat. Smiting during those lulls is still useful though, the atonement heals are a bonus, but stacking up evangelism for the mana return and +15% healing of Archangel is my real goal most of the time. My planned level 85 spec includes 3/3 Divine Fury, 2/2 Surge of light and 2/2 Inspiration.

Ipsith
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:30 am

Thanks for the quick response!

One question I forgot to ask is whether you and Liz are applying jointly? (as in - accept/deny both or none). We do not do package deals, the couples we have in guild are generally either 1 raider 1 casual or were accepted separately on their own merit.

I've no experience of hunters post-TBC, so one of the other officers will need to give their comments there ^^
Piety
Piety
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 271
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ipsith Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 am

Acceptance of an offer would be dependant on Liz's application, but we both expect (and want) our applications to be evaluated individually. We're both raiders - while we enjoy raiding together we don't mind raiding separately. We'd never ask the guild to only ever have both of us in a scheduled raid we'd signed up for or none. We do intend to be in the same guild, wherever that is.

Last edited by Ipsith on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)

Ipsith
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Ipsith Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Keona wrote:We went and recorded some logs for you. Smile Just the first four bosses because then we wiped at about 10% on Fester and folk started leaving, yay for pugs! My dps could have been a little higher, but my meta gem is deactivated since they changed it, and I didn't want to regem, with Cata coming in less than a week.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9ngag7hokvhg68ck/

As Liz says, here's a log of an icc25 normal pug in which I played as both disc and shadow. This is why we don't do pugs these days, one player left after Saurfang then the whole raid disbanded after one wipe on Festergut Sad Yay for changing meta gem requirements too!

Ipsith
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharise Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:43 pm

We cant offer you a trial at this point since your experience is a bit too low. Good Luck in finding a new home :-)

Sharise
G Mastah
G Mastah

NERD Points : 114
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down