Starlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Recruitment Status

OPEN for Cataclysm

- Deathknight (limited)
- Druid (limited)
- Hunter (any)
- Paladin (Ret)
- Priest (Shadow)
- Rogue (any)
- Shaman (limited)
- Mage (limited)
- Warlock (any)
- Warrior (DPS)

Breaking News

Magmaw 25 Down!

Mag Down

Pic of the Day!

Facebook
Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Starlight on your social bookmarking website

Morkaz - Holy Priest Application

+2
Mizoo
Morkaz
6 posters

Go down

Morkaz - Holy Priest Application Empty Morkaz - Holy Priest Application

Post  Morkaz Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:20 pm

Application intended for Cataclysm since my current gear wouldn't even be close to cutting edge on LK25 Heroic.

About You

- Your 'Real' Name: Thor Andersen
- Nationality: Danish
- Tell us a little bit about yourself: I'm an optimistic guy who likes to socialize, my hobbies include Crossfit, World of Warcraft, and my friends Smile I've got a quite positive attitude and I enjoy to push myself to become better at stuff, also I respond rather well to criticism as I like to grow in stuff I do Smile

About Your Character

- Character Name: Morkaz
- Server: Silvermoon
- Class: Priest
- Primary Spec (Main): Holy, PvE (What I enjoy and excel the most at in my opinion)
- Dual Spec (Off): Shadow, PvP (I also know how to work my way around Discipline if ever necessary, this is just my 'fool around' spec)
- Professions (skill): Alchemy and Herbalism (Both 450) I plan to herb my way to 525 Alchemy rather quickly in Cataclysm and then I am scrapping Herbalism in favor of Engineering.
- Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Morkaz
- Current GearScore: 5682
- What is your current /played in total and at level 80? 2 days 19 hours :L
- Alts: None which are important (Detailed information in other info)

About Your Computer

- Computer Technical Specifications: Nvidia GeForce GTX 295, 4 fans, 2tb sata harddrive :L That's about all the useful information I know, oh and I sport windows XP
- Microphone/Headset: Check, got a fully functional Microphone and speakers to support it Wink
- Vent (3.0) Installed? Yes/No Yes. got all the versions of Ventrilo just incase.
- Internet Connection Speed (mbs): I'm running on a 200mbs LAN-Cable so my ping is rather decent (That would be 30-50 depending on the weather)

Your Raiding Experience

Pre-TBC: Molten core up to Baron Geddon, did not really do anything else here.

TBC: Everything from Karazhan up to TK, I haven't made Kael'thas in TBC though.

WOTLK: see this is where it gets tricky, My mage was banned for exploring cause I enjoyed that alot (Going to GM island, old outland and all such places, amongst passing through the no mans land in Hyjal, so I've been playing on a friend of mine's character abit to keep up with the game since I ran into some economical problems but that is fixed now. My mage I've been playing on for quite a bit of WotLK is: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Jegelskerdeg - on this character I've done the most of it, it is also worth noting that I've been doing some hardmodes and such on my friends mage called 'Mazcy' here on silvermoon. so when I got employed a few months ago I decided to pick up world of warcraft for real and focus on my own account since I really enjoy the game.

- ICC10: (12/12)
- ICC25: (12/12)

- ICC10 HM (HardMode): (11/12) I've got experience on LK heroic aswell.
- ICC25 HM (HardMode): (10/12) I do have experience on Sindragose and even LK heroic.

- TOTGC10 (Heroic): (5/5) I've done Insanity on my priest even Smile
- TOTGC25 (Heroic): (4/5)

- Ulduar10 (HardMode): (14/14) I have not done Herald of the Titans but I have aced everything except one light. Done Algalon aswell and I was not carried, did not even die!
- Ulduar25 (HardMode): (11/14) I've done quite alot here but what I'm missing is Vezax, Mimiron, Yogg saron. I have done Algalon aswell and I was not carried, didn't die on this one either.

Your Motivation

- Who is your current Guild? Bankzorness :3
- Why do/did you want to leave your current/previous Guild? Well my Mage got banned, I was in a guild called Fuzzy Tentacles on Spinebreaker beforehand though. Current guild with my priest is just a guild to bank my stuff.
- Who do you know in Starlight? None
- Why do you want to join Starlight & Expectations? I want to join Starlight because it seems like my best choice, never heard anything bad regarding the people and your raid progress and attitude is a thing I wanna be a part of, my expectations is of course friendly people and organized raids.

Other

- During your childhood, What was your favorite comic character? Never read much comics, but I'd pick Donald Duck, I just love that silly character beeing so unlucky all the time Smile
- What do you think about BLACK People? Well I'm danish but I won't be stereotypical here :p I think they are equal to white people, some of them are good company, others are not.
- Anything else we need to know? Yessir!, for the record so you don't think I'm just another random applicant with no experience who seeks to leech your guild progress I just wanna say that I beg to differ, I'm a quite intellectual person, I know how to think outside of the box, I enjoy perfecting my game and I will always be prepared, some might say I've got a fetish for reading up on tactics and future content, I like to watch Mmo-champion.com Tankspot.com and Manaflask.com to always read up on new encounters and/or watch videos of how the encounter is based on PTR videos from Tankspot or Manaflask.com. Regarding my priest experience I've played around with the class quite much and I fully understand all the mechanics of it, within 2 days of dinging to level 80 I went into Icecrown Citadel with a guild called Outlawz, I was sitting at my oh so divine 5k gearscore whilst their 2 healers was at 5.9 and 5.8k gearscore, though that I managed to top off healing and saving the tank multiple times (Got a screenie to prove it) also I've done Algalon 10+25 aswell as some hardmodes in Ulduar, if you want a second opinion regarding how well I perform I suggest you ask Jowy or Lulläby from Late Night as I am sure they can vouch for me beeing a rather excellent player, if there is any doubts in my skill I would love to have a little chat with a Class Leader to clarify stuff. Also I intend to take wow seriously in Cataclysm, I've stocked up on Justice Points and gotten myself an epic flying mount aswell as pre-ordered the game to be able to reach 85 rather quickly and then get the best possible dungeon gear to begin raids.

Oh, since I dinged this character 13 days ago from writing I do not have any proper logs at all. Sorry! though I won't disappoint Wink

Thanks for reading my rather large novel guys;)

Waiting eagerly for a responce -Morkaz.

Morkaz
Scrub
Scrub

NERD Points : 5
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 0

Back to top Go down

Morkaz - Holy Priest Application Empty Re: Morkaz - Holy Priest Application

Post  Mizoo Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Nice applycation , like the name of youre mage Smile

Gl on the applycation

Mizoo
Playa
Playa

NERD Points : 75
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:21 am

Hi Morkaz, thanks for applying to Starlight.

We'll review your application and get back to you as soon as we can.

Piety
Piety
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 271
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 15

Back to top Go down

Morkaz - Holy Priest Application Empty f

Post  ,.. Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:01 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopz Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:22 am

agree!
Chopz
Chopz
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 1643
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 14

https://starlighteu.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Morkaz - Holy Priest Application Empty i dont think he is who he says he is

Post  cbroadhead Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:29 am

cbroadhead
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Morkaz Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:47 am

I had nothing to do with that application and I've found out a mate did that.. I've gotten him to delete the thread, please don't take this into consideration as this has nothing to do with me whatsoever. Thanks

Morkaz
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 am

I've been playing on a friend of mine's character abit to keep up with the game since I ran into some economical problems but that is fixed now.

it is also worth noting that I've been doing some hardmodes and such on my friends mage

I had nothing to do with that application and I've found out a mate did that..

Who is playing what character of which class on what account? Mage, paladin, priest, other mage...

... I'm sure you understand that this seems very confusing and we are wary of profuse account sharing. We need to trust that the person we accept into the guild is the person playing that character and that they are responsible for all actions taken by that character. "lol no i didn't do/say/take that, it was my *mate*" is not an acceptable excuse in any way shape or form in a dedicated raiding guild.

(PS. Oh Magnuu, thanks for the tip - now if only you'd put this much research into your own application Wink )
Piety
Piety
Cyber Police
Cyber Police

NERD Points : 271
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 15

Back to top Go down

Post  Morkaz Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:43 am

My friends mage I've been doing some heroics on is the one called Mazcy, feel free to ask him ingame if you have something you wanna know regarding this.

My old mage which is locked is called Jegelskerdeg

My priest is Morkaz and this is only my character and is shared with noone, I am the only one who has access to this account and I do not share information with anyone. I've been playing my buddy's mage 'Mazcy' when I talked with him on Skype, where he would tell me his digits on his authenticator.

And for this Paladin I honestly have no idea what's up with that cause I have never/and I do not own a paladin :L

I hope this clarifies this and I'm sorry for that little unconvenience.

Morkaz
Scrub
Scrub

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaelyaer Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:56 pm

This is too much drama for my liking. I'm voting both this and the other application a negative.
If you are here to bash another application then you're wasting your time (and mine.)

Edit: I decided that I was maybe not clear enough and it came across as if I only voted your apply as a negative only because of the drama.
I will give some constructive criticism:
*First of all : Played days at 80 : 2 days? This is on your priest? I think 2 days is very low experience for a player that is expected to be competitive in healing end-game raiding.
* Second : You should have full points in State of Mind - You are better off with 2/3 ToF for example. I would also take MA over Veiled Shadows. After 4.0.3a VS only reduces the CD of your SF to 4 minutes - 4 minutes is long enough to not really be useful 2 times in a fight. CoH, Renew, PoM, PW:S and HW:Serenity all benefit from MA. Ideally you'd take a point or two in Darkness as haste is pretty low at lower gear levels.
*Third : I am also confused about this you/your friend/your mage/your priest deal. You did Vanilla and TBC content on your mage then? ( since you have such little time played on your priest)

Nevertheless, I understand that you might be a good player, but it is difficult to apply with a character that is effectively an alt, even if at the start of a new expansion.
We are looking for people with a lot of experience and while you may have "game experience" I feel that overall you might lack that when it comes to your class.

~Shael
Shaelyaer
Shaelyaer
V.I.P
V.I.P

NERD Points : 309
Rep with Sam's Chicken : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Piety Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:48 am

Shael's the holy maestro.
Application denied.